Monday, September 21, 2015

Delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Bars!

One day when I was on pinterest (a decidedly not-uncommon occurrence for me), I found a recipe I would actually try- Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Bars! When I tried the recipe, I was blown away, and made it again, and soon I think I'll make it again! The recipe, from iheartnaptime.net, can be found here, or you can read it below. For pictures and to print the recipe, click the link. I'm super excited to share this recipe, I love it and I bet you will too!



Mini-Confession: I have a mental block. I always spell recipe like recipie! And I always spell excited like exited!!! What's the deal, huh? 

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup salted butter (melted)
  • 2 cups Keebler graham cracker crumbs (they sell them crushed or you can crush them yourself)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1 11 oz. bag milk chocolate chips 
Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a medium sized bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. 
  2. Pour peanut butter mixture into a 13-9 pan. 
  3. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir chocolate and pour over the peanut butter mixture. Spread chocolate with spatula. To even out chocolate, tap pan on counter. (Note to Self: So... I guess I shouldn't make this while Dad is napping?)
  4. Refrigerate bars for 1 hr. Cut while bars are still cool. 
There you have it! The only things I would change about directions are that a.) You can leave the bars in the fridge for over an hour if need be, and b.) The bars can be kind of hard to cut right when they get out of the fridge. Give it maybe 5 minutes for them to thaw, and then cut. 

The bars, in my experience, can be kept in the fridge for quite a while. 

I hope you enjoy these delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Bars. Let me know what you think in the comments! 

- Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment